We all know Texas weather is pretty unpredictable. One day it could be 75 degrees and the next day there could be a freeze warning. Here are just a few steps you can take to prepare your home and barn for the cold season.
- Check for any fire risks
- Be sure to clean out all gutters of fallen foliage or birds nests.
- Make sure all electrical wiring in your barn is secured in conduit pipes to prevent rodents and other animals from chewing on them.
- Clean out your furnace and indoor heating system
- Check all fire alarms and place current fire extinguishers in key areas in both your home and barn
- Check for pipe leaks inside and out
- Insulate both your house and barn
- Make sure you properly add window installations to your home
- If possible, insulate your barn attic. If you don’t have the funds, consider inexpensive alternatives like bales of hay, old carpet, blankets or corn stalks
These are just a few of many ways you can work to prepare your home and barn for the winter season. Bar None Country Store also carries supplies such as window installations, coverings and more.